Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Halloween Recap


Halloween is such a fun holiday around here. I know there's a lot of history behind it that makes it kind of a bummer, but for my family, we enjoy what it is today. Just a fun time to dress up & go hunt for candy! None of that crazy, spooky stuff. I enjoyed Trick or Treating when I was little & it's something I wanted my kids to be able to enjoy too. I may not always feel this way, but as of right now, this is it.

Typically we only visit people we know & we don't let the kids fill up on candy. They only get a small amount that night & for a few days afterwards. Honestly, I think we end up throwing most of it away. I'm definitely not anti-junk. I love cake, but I am anti-too much junk at once!

So one of my family's Halloween traditions is for me to make my kiddo's costumes. I've been doing it ever since my first, Judah, was old enough to go Trick or Treating which was 3 years ago. So below are photos that go back over our Halloweens for the last three years.

Judah - 18 mo. - Pirate "Arrr"

Isaiah - 8 mo. - Dragon       Judah - 2 yrs. - Knight

Judah - 3 yrs. - Cowboy        Isaiah - 18 mo. - Indian
Next year we'll have 3 boys & my husbands wants them to be the 3 musketeers. We'll see what they think!

What were your kiddos for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment