Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fabulous Fall DIY Project


I don't know about you, but I love fall. It's absolutely one of my favorite times of the year. I love the smells, the colors, the warmer clothes, the get-together's, everything!

I live in East TN in the lower Appalachian Mountains & we definitely don't lack in curvy mountain roads around here, but let me tell you...it's beautiful! I love to go for drives & just look at the colors & the farm land. It brings such a content, peaceful feeling to me.

Another thing I love about fall is the cooking & the decorating. So today I want to feature a fabulous Fall DIY project from Design Sponge that uses freshly fallen maple leaves that are made into roses. Yep, roses. They're so realistic looking & of course beautiful.


So what do you think? I was amazed when I saw this. Talk about a conversation piece. Make a bouquet for a sick friend, put some on your grandmother's grave, put them on your dinning room table, give them to your mother, enter them into a fall contest or bazaar. Whatever you decide to do with them...I guarantee you they'll get noticed!

All you need are:

  1. 10 different sized maple leaves for each rose
  2. short twig for each rose
  3. green floral tape
  4. scissors
After some folding, layering, cutting & taping you'll have a rose! Make several & you'll have a bouquet! Click here to read the actual post on Design Sponge & if you do try this, I'd love to see photos...put them on your Facebook page & tag me @EtsyBabySwank so I can see!

Good luck & happy Fall!
xo, Meagan

No comments:

Post a Comment