Monday, December 6, 2010

Etsy Featured Sellers: The Country Chic Cottage

The Country Chic Cottage

This week we have a new featured seller from Etsy. So please get to know her here a bit, check out her shop, and leave her a comment letting her know what you think! Check out where you can find her on the web at the bottom of this post!!

     This is Angie, the owner of The Country Chic Cottage. Angie is a seller from Mt. Pleasant, TN (yay, fellow Tennessean!), and she sells vintage and handmade items for your home! I hope you all enjoy getting to know her as I have! Check out her shop, she may have just the thing you're looking for to spruce up your home!



Tell us a bit about yourself.
   Hellow!!  My name is Angie and I run The Country Chic Cottage. I am a full time working wife and mother to three great kids. I stay busy with my blog and etsy shop. :) 

How did you come up with your shop name?
   I started my blog long before selling on etsy and it just made sense for them both to be the same.

When did you start crafting?
    I sell vintage and handmade items for your country cottage!  I have been crafting since I was walking I would say.  I basically taught myself to sew and I love it!!


What first made you want to start selling your creations?
    Gosh, too many ideas for my cottage!  When a nest gets too full of creations, time to open an etsy shop!

Describe your creative process to us.
    Mostly I come up with things in the car or in bed.  No I don't sleep much.... 

What inspires you?
   Other blogs, catalogs, etsy stores, brick and mortor stores, thrift stores you name it. I see something at a thrift store and see what it can become not what it is. 

How do you promote your work?
   Through my blog, other blogs, twitter, the etsymom team.  I love to cross promote with other blogs that have etsy stores.  It is a win win!

Quilt Block Framed Vintage

Are your items pre-made or made to order?
    Everything I have currently is premade.  With a full time job, I feel I would not be able to commit to a time frame to have custom work completed in.  So I stick with all ready to ship stock.


Tell us two short-term goals you have and one long-term.
   1)  I really want to get to 7 sales a week consistently.  
     2)  List 100 items in my shop.
Long term -- grow my blog and my etsy shop at a level that is comfortable for 
me. 

Walk us through a typical day in your life.
  I am up by 5:30.  I etsy and blog in the morning.  I try to list 1-2 things a day.  Three kids dressed and out for school by 7.  I head to work.  I thrift store hop at lunch.  I get off around 5.  I try to take some pictures, etc before it gets dark.  Supper, homework, dishes, tv, and bed (not necessarily in that order).  And start all over again the next day! 

What is your favorite item in your shop at the moment?
What advice would you give to artists who are new to Etsy?
     Get out there, get to know other people in the etsy community, blogs, etc.  It goes miles in getting sales!  

    So thank you so much to Angie - owner of The Country Chic Cottage - for sharing herself and her shop with us today. You can find The Country Chic Cottage on the web here:

No comments:

Post a Comment