Monday, December 27, 2010

Etsy Featured Sellers: Terra's Treasures

Terra's Treasures

This week we have a new featured seller from Etsy. So please get to know her here a bit, check out her shop, and leave her a comment letting her know what you think! Check out where you can find her on the web at the bottom of this post!!

     This is Terra, the owner of Terra's Treasures. Terra is a seller from Twin Falls, and she sells super cute clothing and accessories for children and infants! I hope you all enjoy getting to know her as I have! Check out her shop, she may have just the thing you're looking for to keep your kiddo looking fashionable!



Tell us a bit about yourself.
   I'm a stay at home mom raising two wonderful little boys, Dylan (2) and Taylor (6months).

How did you come up with your shop name?
   My mother actually came up with it. She told me one day that I should start my own shop and call it Terra's Treasures.
When did you start crafting?
    I've actually been sewing since I was a little girl, but it wasn't until I had kids that I fell in love with making little clothes.

What first made you want to start selling your creations?
     I would make things and I had so many people tell me how cute they were and that I should sell them. I was already selling a few things here and there to friends. 
Describe your creative process to us.
     It could happen anywhere. I'll see something that I like or realize a need and then it's all I'll think about until it takes a shape. (a little obsessive? no comment....)

What inspires you?
    My husband. He's a very hard worker and always applies all of himself in whatever he does.

How do you promote your work?
   I have a facebook page and a blog that I'm trying to get up and running. I just need to be a little more disciplined and post more often. I think it would be a great way for people to get to know me better and for them to see some of the creative process I use to make things.

Are your items pre-made or made to order?
   Both. I have some things I sell that are custom orders and I also have some ready to ship things that I make when I have spare time or that are left over from a craft show. 


Tell us two short-term goals you have and one long-term.
   Two short term goals I have are to actually sell something in my shop and to organize my time better so I can be more productive. (Bad facebook! I can spend way too much time on there). My long tern goal is to be successful in this endeavor so that when my children start school I won't have to go back to work. 

Walk us through a typical day in your life.
8:00- Get up, get the children up and everyone breakfast. Have a cup of coffee and check email.
9:30- Get the kids ready for the day, get myself ready for the day.
11:00- Baby goes down for nap. Take time to clean, pay bills, etc.
12:30- Lunch
1:30- Toddler goes down for nap, baby gets up from nap and gets lunch.
2:00- Work on patterns, sewing, research ideas.
4:30- Toddler gets up from nap, baby goes down for second nap.
5:00- Get started on dinner.
6:00- Dinner and spend time with family.
8:00- Bath time and get kids ready for bed by 8:30.
9:30- Sew, work on patterns, research ideas.
12:00- Bed. 

What is your favorite item in your shop at the moment?
   My favorite item is the ruffle bottom pants. I just love ruffles. 

Ruffle Bottom pants CUTE 3m 6m 9m 12m 18m 24m

What advice would you give to artists who are new to Etsy?
    Same thing I tell myself daily. Keep plugging along, someone is bound to notice you! 

    So thank you so much to Terra - owner of Terra's Treasures - for sharing herself and her shop with us today. You can find Terra's Treasures on the web here:



No comments:

Post a Comment